Jordan Moore’s Practical Interview: Sami Jensen of Poor & Pretty
I interviewed Sami because she’s a great source of inspiration to me and anyone else that wants to succeed in having their own business. Sami is 25 and is the owner and sole proprietor of Poor & Pretty, a vegan based, all-natural, and homemade bath and body products line. Sami is super smart and creative and she uses her craftiness and slick computer skills to market her one of a kind product.
Please check out her website and her etsy shop — her products make great gifts! They’re especially useful for someone you may not know what to get, they’re unique and make everyone smile. Plus they smell amazing! Sami has provided our class with a coupon code for 15% off 😀
My 20 questions addressed in the video:
- How did you first get started with homemade cosmetics?
- What were some of your fears of actually starting a business?
- What events led to your online following?
- How “big” do you hope Poor & Pretty to get? Is there a limit?
- Why did you start making cupcake soaps?
- You’re very comfortable posting about your life online, can you tell me about that?
- What do you think of people that are very private online?
- Are you ever surprised by the reach of your blog over distances?
- How far away is your furthest supporter/customer?
- What shaped your online existence?
- You design your blog site and maintain it, can you tell me the benefits of being your own web designer?
- How important is social media to your business?
- What is the most successful of your social media uses in terms of your business?
- Which social media site do you enjoy using most?
- Are there any social media platforms you don’t use? Why?
- Can you imagine not having the Internet?
- How would that impact your work?
- How do you use Vine to promote your business?
- What is it like being committed to making 3 blog posts a week?
- Do you ever use the future post feature?